Friday, 29 March 2013

Life after the lightning process


So the Lightning Process restored me to full health but now I wondered what to do with my life.  Should I go back to law or look for something new?  I made the decision to go back to law.  I got in touch with Advance Legal and started working there again.  I started the Legal Practice Course but part-time.  Fast forward two years and I was totally stressed out with work, colleagues had been sacked and threatened with dismissal, work was coming out of my ears, I was not sleeping.  In fact I felt like I was heading for a nervous breakdown. What was the point of surviving ME if this was my new life?  So I finished work and completed the LPC with a distinction.  Life had changed dramatically in Barton under Needwood so we decided to move back to Devon.

Back in Devon, boys in new schools, I needed to look for a job. I went through two jobs with law firms and then decided law was no longer for me.  This was followed by a period of illness which was disconcertingly similar to M.E.  Panicky that I had injured my health I spent some time resting and recuperating. However,as soon as I felt well again I decided to train as an advisor for the CAB.  Six months later I realised that this was a poor substitute for a legal career and it really was, finally, time to look into something entirely different.


No comments:

Post a Comment