As previously mentioned I originally intended to train as a solicitor. However, my main opportunity at this went totally pear shaped and I had to leave the job. In 2010 we decided to move back to Devon as that is where our extended family lives. Unfortunately, that appears to have been career suicide as there are very few opportunities in Devon.
Since 2010 I have had 4 different jobs. two with law firms and two other jobs. None of these have worked out for various reasons. I think I am quite picky regarding work. As I lost 5 years out of my life through being ill I am determined to find a job I enjoy and am not content to work full-time in a job that makes me unhappy. Life is short and I do not want to waste any more time being unhappy.
This means that I am currently out of work. I have applied for a few jobs that are totally different to what I have done before. One of which I am quite excited about and that is to work as a library assistant - sounds like a dream job to me! the problem is that if you have extensive experience in one area it is actually very difficult trying to get a totally different job. I have also applied to work for our local hospice which is most unlikely as they rejected me before without interview.
Finally, as a last effort I have sent my CV to 8 local solicitor firms to see if they have any opportunities. As a result of this I now have an appointment to meet with one of the partners next week to discuss possible paralegal opportunities. this sounds very promising and it is a very well known and reputable firm. So fingers crossed - perhaps my dream job is on its way to me!! I hope so.
No comments:
Post a Comment