Sunday, 7 April 2013

Exercise - to run or not to run (again)

Blimey, this exercise lark is so hard sometimes.  It's Sunday and according to my running/exercise schedule Sunday should be my long slow run day.  Particularly if I'm genuinely hoping to do the Torbay half marathon in 11 weeks time (which I think I am).  Last Sunday I failed to do a run at all as was legs were really sore from my first running club run on Tuesday and another run with them Thursday, gym work Wednesday and Zumba Friday evening.  I decided my legs needed a well deserved rest and hoped for better things in week two.

Well, this is week two.  Running club has gone much better than the previous week but yesterday I felt terribly sick and extremely tired and went back to bed in the afternoon.  I am feeling a lot better today but wonder if I should rest an extra day just in case.  Whilst I do consider myself to be well and truly recovered from ME/CFS I do like to look after myself and absolutely hate feeling tired or ill.  I do not know if I am overly cautious but I would not do anything to jeopardise my wonderful health.

So it looks like I will not run again today.  Which means re-jigging my training plan once more for the half marathon.  I don't have a great deal of confidence in my running otherwise I would be certain that 11 weeks is more than enough for me to build up to a half marathon as there are many training plans allowing for this and of course I am already capable of running a 10K comfortably.

Roll on week 3 and a definite appointment for a long slow run next Sunday (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment